Warren Washington Industrial Development Agency
What steps have already been taken by Warren Washington County Industrial Development Agency (WWIDA) and Hughes Energy to facilitate the sale and purchase of land, upgrade sewer lines and facilities, and provide power to the site?
- Hughes Energy has been in contact with the Washington Warren County Industrial Development Agency, demonstrating their interest in purchasing the site formerly known as the PCB Dewatering site, located in Fort Edward, NY since July 2021 (FOIL 2022).
- Hughes Energy met with the WWIDA, and members from the Fort Edward Village and Town Boards in November 2021.
- The Clean Air Action Network members were invited to meet with Hughes Energy CEO, Dana McSpedon to address concerns and questions regarding the project .
- Dane Spedon explained the company plans.
- Import municipal waste (garbage) to the location in Fort Edward,
- Extract fibers by steaming the garbage under pressure (autoclave) using the Wilson System®,
- Selling the extracted fibers to make cardboard and other low grade materials,
- Transport what remains of the waste to local landfills.